We can’t live in the negative if we want to make the most of now. Negative thinking robs us of the present moment.
You have to like the life you have right now. You have to live the life you have now.
I know what you’re thinking. Wait, Becca, I thought this was 30 days of growth, about changing our lives for the better.
Friends, we can do both! We can appreciate where we are while working to improve! Moreover, I’m convinced that making the most of now is adopting that growth mindset that recognizes we can all grow from where we are. Are you deep in a valley? Start climbing. Are you achieving your goals? Challenge yourself more!
Stop seeing yourself as good or bad, successful or unsuccessful. Realize your worth doesn’t come from what you’ve accomplished in life or how smooth your life is at any given moment. You are worthy because you have a life. Period, end of story. Need to improve it, ok, fine, but if you are breathing in and out right now, you are worthy. And you needn’t wait for your big break to enjoy your life. You needn’t wait till you lose the weight before you start living your life. You needn’t wait for that special someone to feel worthy.
Do the good things we’ve already covered the past 21 days. Be kind, eat well, exercise, meditate, be honest, dream big, be patient, judge less, smile often, love yourself, forgive easily, show gratitude, think positively, drink lots of water, believe in yourself, keep an open-mind, put your needs first, speak well of others, don’t make excuses, listen to understand, and choose faith over fear.
Do those things every day, and you will be making the most of each day.
Do those things more consistently this week than you did last week, and you will be living your fullest life.
Practice those things. I’m forever remembering Nicole’s words on Day 4: Meditate, “it’s a practice.” Practice these habits in order to make the most of now! After all, the present moment is all we have control over.
Here are 11 quotes to further inspire you take advantage of the present moment:
- “Today is life – the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.” – Dale Carnegie
- “We live on this speck called Earth – think about what you might do today or tomorrow – and make the most of it.” – Neil deGrasse Tyson
- “Listen up, just enjoy life, smile more, laugh more, and don’t get so worked up about things.” – Kenneth Branagh
- “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” – Simone de Beauvoir
- “Infuse your life with action. Don’t wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen … yourself, right now, right here on Earth.” – Bradley Whitford
- “Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend. Whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.” – Earl Nightingale
- “Be happy in the moment. This moment is your life.” -Omar Khayyam
- “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “My life motto is ‘Do my best, so that I can’t blame myself for anything.’” – Magdalena Neuner
- “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Buddha
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou